Finder

Sunday 5 December 2010

Movie#91 Why did I Get Married Too

A movie that shattered my presumptions. When I took this all black cast (disclaimer: I'm not a racist, I just need a descriptive word), I thought this one would be the same as last one, and everything of this genre. Since I didn't have any choice in any other category or language, I decided to give it a try. Most of the time I avoid such movies because of the stereotypical storyline just like bollywood movies.
The gist of the story is about four couples and their relationships. They are Terry and Dianne, Marc and Angela, Gavin and Patricia and Troy and Sheila, all screen names ofcourse. Since there are too many actors, I decided not to name their real names here. If anyone is interested or is planning to watch this movie, may go to any other review site and get the actors' names. Before I go any further, I shall announce another disclaimer: I'm not a chauvinist. In this paranoid world, before any word is uttered and misunderstood and the probably sued for it, disclaimers help. Terry and Dianne seem a happy couple but there is trouble brewing which Dianne hides and Terry senses. Marc and Angela are a fighting couple because Angela always suspects Marc's fidelity because of his previous history. Gavin and Pat are another couple, in more trouble than the rest because they had endured a tragedy from which Pat never recovered, but found solace in her book publishing, instead of confiding to her partner, Gavin. Troy and Sheila are relatively new couple. Sheila had a troubled marriage and remarried to Troy, and Troy is currently unemployed, and that is causing mental tension. They meet at their vacation retreat from where the story takes off.
With the protection of the disclaimer given above, I shall say that my personal opinion is in three of the above four relationships, ladies are at fault, while in one, where the guy shows too much pride, lady suffers. If this is the situation of marriage at present context/ world, God save us!
My personal rating is 3 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment