Finder

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Movie#98 Legend of the Guardians- The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Jackpot! I had read the review in a magazine and the trailer shown on TV reported it as 'from the makers of Happy Feet'. And there is an owlet, Eglantine, which resemble the penguin in Happy Feet.
I should say that animation movies are definitely a better option, if there is a choice, because of the variety of storyline and advances in 'near life-like' visuals. The story is that of two owlets, Kludd and Soren, very different at heart and nature. Both get kidnapped by the Pure Ones clan, who are building an army to takeover the owl kingdom. Soren refuses to join them while Kludd got other ideas. To defeat the Pure Ones, Soren and his friends set out to find the Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
Watching the movie reminded me of the nazis and allies war. The storyline is similar as nazi considered themselves as pure breed and destined to rule over others. The allies (read US) comes from the other side of the sea (read Atlantic Ocean) to war. Even though things are different now, there is a lurking fear that the nazis could be regrouping. Same here too. The visuals of the bad owls are so similar to nazis. Maybe it is my paranoia…
Ok now, I felt very much tickled by the mannerisms and comics of a cute talkative owl, Digger. I find it to be the funniest in this movie. But I guess there are a variety of choices in character for each of the viewers. View it for a happy family movie or a romantic evening. My personal rating is 4.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment