Finder

Thursday 9 December 2010

Movie#94 Resident Evil- Afterlife

I'm a big fan of Resident Evil series. Seeing this one, I sincerely suggest the franchise to wind up before they destroy all their good deeds. Gosh! what is this?
I find that the director lost what to bring to the theaters in terms of novelty. Maybe because there is no novelty in the storyline,  and he's at his wit's end. So he decided the next best thing, as bollywood movies–  copy. Thus, this became a clip show of Matrix stunts and the creatures/ monsters/ zombies taken from action series, Blade. Also there is another giant zombie, which I'm sure that I have had seen in another movie but could not recollect now. For all those who care and follows this franchise, the gist of the story is the same–  Alice (Milla Jovovich) resumes her quest to destroy The Umbrella Corporation. That's it, short and sweet.
The film salvages some pride from the superb back ground music which I'm sure is a good listen while driving. Other than that, the gore and encounter with creatures keep coming down episode after episode, together with logicality, such as availability of resources to keep moving on a plane and the american way of wastage of resources (fuel for fire and water), even when faced with extinction…lol. For that reason, I think the creatures did a perfect role in balancing out to save world resources. Let me move away from sarcasms now….
The stunts are stunning and the franchise promises to come back again with another episode. So, waiting with my fingers crossed. My personal rating is 2.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment