Finder

Sunday 7 November 2010

Movie#69 The Last Airbender

I'm back after a short hiatus. I was away due to personal reasons for anyone who cares to know. This new release was waiting for me when I stepped into the store.
The defining statement for this work for the people who haven't yet seen it. Watch it only for the shooting sets, locales and special effects. If you are looking for anything more, you will be thoroughly disappointed. The storyline is new, the dialogues are flimsy and superficial, the acting is below par in all the actors, the music is forgettable and there is virtually nothing to put you in a gripping mood as the director would have meant it.
Mr Night Shyamalan has wasted the massive budget he was allocated for the movie. Maybe we are expecting too much from him and compare all this work to his first two super releases. I have seen that all his latest works were below average. He is the Ram Gopal Verma of Hollywood. But one should admire his never say die attitude, if allocated such a huge budget. Now I don't want the actors to take it personally when I say that Noah Ringer as Aang didn't have the punch, Dev Patel as Prince Zuko made me laugh when he gave the cruel glare, Nicola Peltz and Jackson Rathbone suck, but Nicola fared better comparing the two. Aasif Mandvi as Commander Zhao wasn't the correct person for the role. Primary reason is his character name–  chinese name for a South Asian guy!, Cliff Curtis as Fire Lord Ozai fared ok because he didn't have much role in the movie. The only person aptly cast and did his part well is Shaun Toub as Uncle Iroh.
Now when I come to give my personal rating, I average the score between factor mentioned intially as what to look for in this one. So I give it a 2.5 out of 5. It gives me second thoughts whether I have given it too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment