Finder

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Movie#86 Aisha (Hindi)

A movie with no substance at all. I could easily satisfy myself by saying that it was worth watching, for the last 15 minutes or so. But, then again, it is worthless if rest of the movie time were just flimsy and superficial. It stars Sonam Kapoor (mainly) and Abhey Deol. One of the producers is Anil Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor's father. It clears the dilemma why a producer should spend a fortune on a movie focussed on extravagance and 'substance less' storyline. I shall say with hush tones that mr Anil Kapoor might be seeking out a way to legalise his black money, earned from oscar winning movie, Slumdog Millionaire. What better way than promote his daughter while legalising the money. Two birds with one stone!
Now for the gist–  the movie is about the life and maturing of a self centered extravagant, carefree, childish and selfish (Sonam's fans would say as innocent and sweet) girl. She is into matchmaking while disregarding social norms. She is eventually put in place by the people she thought she loved but played with. In that realisation, she understands that she had fallen in love and then as usual 'happy ending'. I have nothing personal towards the actress. It could be her good acting skill that potrayed her so badly and made me want to slap her. The director, I guess, has seen a lot of hollywood romantic movies, for he has made an ending identical to most such movies, but out of context with Indian setting. In the story, there is the 'destined to marry' relationship between Dhruv and Aarti (character names), which is very hard to digest for me. It is so laughable. I wonder whether the director had even researched about how love and lust works, and which one could end in marriage. I think he was called up from sleep by mr Anil Kapoor and straight away started to shoot the movie.
Watch it for the songs and love for fashion only. There is nothing worthy to remember this movie otherwise. As the latest financial crisis taught us, there has to be spenders to help savers save. I'm happy that there are girls like this in India. Indias' future is in safe hands. I pity those fathers and mothers though. My personal rating is 2.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment