Finder

Monday 22 November 2010

Movie#81 The Legend is Born- Ip Man (Mandarin)

After the disappointing previous movie, I decided to watch some martial arts action. Even though this was in chinese, I was assured that subtitles were adequate for understanding. I shall skip naming the actors here because I have no clue who they are.
I have had watched another movie about Ip Man and liked the style of martial arts. This one didn't disappoint either. I don't need to write any gist about the movie because the summary is well summarized in the title itself. It is the story of initial days of a famous chinese fighter named Ip Man. The movie as a whole was really enjoyable leaving out the constant distraction of trying to read the subtitles to understand the story, instead of viewing the picture. The characters were pleasant and the fights were thrilling to watch. The story was never boring as every shot will have something as martial art practice, fights or romance. Moreover, if an english dubbed version were available, it would have been an excellent family movie too.
To further the discussion in a controversial way, I shall say that China has moved away from the dream of Ip Man. The story is centered around the time China was defeated by Japan, and had to live under the atrocities of Japan. Ip Man dreamed about liberating China and be tolerant to others. How China has deviated from that at present! If Ip Man was alive today, he would have been disappointed, I should say.
My personal rating is 3 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment