Finder

Saturday 20 November 2010

Movie#79 Dabangg (Hindi)

Do you prefer to unwind your weekend by watching a movie which tickles your emotions in a soft way or by watching something which is hard on emotions? If your answer is the former, this is a must see. It stars Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Arbaaz Khan, Vinod Khanna, Dimple Kapadia, Om Puri and Anupam Kher
Now for the superlatives–  this movie is pure fun. It is altogether in a different genre. I shall put it as a nonsense–sense category. What I mean to say is that you would notice sense within nonsense, taken with immaculate care not to go overboard. In other words, Pure Illogical Fun, period! From start to finish we feel assured that hero would last till the end and it would be a happy ending. He would get whatever he wanted, in whichever way, whenever he preferred. Am I sounding nonsensically sensical?..lol.
Now comments about the finer parts. I shall not venture into the indigestible scenes because of the disclaimer I wrote above. The heroine turned out to be a dud. She has the looks, the eyes, the smile, the curves and the tears. Sadly, acting part is missing. The stunt scenes reminded me of a particular Jackie Chan–  Owen Wilson movie and Jason Statham movie. I don't wish to elaborate more, you will find the resemblance. The stunt scenes are taken in a fascinating way. The guys' dying, instead of creating the usual anger-awe-fear emotions, creates a comical feeling and cause laughter. Watch and feel for yourself. The songs are a colour riot. The latest news is that the song featuring Malaika Arora (cameo–  item number) had become a sensation in India and Pakistan. The dance step holding the belt buckle was a novelty for me.
My personal rating is 3.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment