Finder

Saturday 28 August 2010

Movie#12 Kites (Hindi)

There goes myself with the 2nd  hindi movie in a row. This one stars Hrithik Roshan and a Mexican heroine, Barbara Mori. It also has a number of prominent Indian stars, among them my favourite Indian heroine (not based on her acting, solely)–  Kangana Ranaut.
There are 2 versions available. The real uncut version with all the hoopla for Indian goers and the critically acclaimed edited version of Brett Ratner. The latter one specifically made for international audiences with the songs and melodrama cut out.
After reading all the reviews I could get, I decided I should go for the 'cut' version. But as in the movie's underlying theme of 'fate decides', I got hold of only the 'pure' version. So with all skepticism watched it and HOW MISTAKEN I WAS…
I was just taken aback by the effort put in this movie by everyone involved. So beautifully taken and to me its simply a BEAUTIFUL movie. The vividness of colour, the acting by everyone, the story line, the songs, the dances, the car chases, the action and the ending…all simply awesome. So folks don't miss this one. After watching this, I don't think I want to watch the 'cut' version but I shall watch this again for it is worth it.
My personal rating…3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment