Finder

Saturday 21 August 2010

Movie#7 Valhalla Rising

I wish I could explain to you what I saw but I have no idea. Usually I turn off the TV when I understand that I'm understanding nothing. But not this one. I can't explain what, maybe its the music or it may be the scenic location or maybe just curiosity about how the director is going to end this one.
I started watching this because as I had explained in one of my earlier posts that I liked medieval storyline. This seemed like one, Viking, to be precise. So I got ready with snacks to see some battle scenes and raw life style. I should say that I got to see the latter but not the kind of fights I expected. But still I kept seeing. The movie has something to keep the attention riveted to it but unless you are an extreme movie buff, you may not understand anything. If the director meant only to convey the superficial stuff, then i got it but if he had a hidden message within, I missed it completely.
Nothing to comment about the actors as I'm not familiar with any of them. Maybe I have had seen movies of many of them but the costume department did a fantastic job in making them all strangers.
My personal rating….2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment