Finder

Saturday 14 August 2010

Movie#2 Dear John

Got this one last night and watched it.
The movie starts as a romantic drama and the initial 30 mins or so were very dull. The usual storyline expected from a romantic story. I personally don't prefer Channing Tatum because of the slouched gait but he has pulled through fine in this one. Amanda Seyfried  seem 'dead' in this one. I loved her in the movie Mama Mia! but here it is definitely no-no.
I like the picturesque locations of romantic movies and this one hasn't let down in the area. Since I prefer l to see 'green' around, the movie scored well there.
As the movie gets into in the serious stuff in a relationship between a middle class special forces sergeant and a well to do family civilian girl, our attention is caught in the slow build up of tension. But as a person who is unaccustomed to western outlook to a love relationship, I couldn't really relate to the story that was unfolding. The director meant the theme to be one of sacrificial in nature but it brought me think that this might be how we could relate to love “also”. Towards the end of the movie, I began to admire the decisions the characters took in the story
My personal rating of this movie is 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment