Finder

Monday 11 October 2010

Movie#52 Death at a Funeral

Warning to those of you who haven't seen it yet–  Don't waste your money on this. If you still want to watch the story, watch the original. I guess it was released in 2007 or so…not sure, check in imdb.com
I took this from the store because of the awesome star cast. Naming a few who have acted in this are Danny Glover, Martin Lawrence (ML), Chris Rock (CR), Zoe Saldana (ZS), Luke Wilson (LW) and James Marsden. There are a lot more but I guess they are not that well known, at least in my opinion. This impressive line–  up and a tried and successful story line, I thought it would make my evening a happy one. But it turned out to be a dull, boring, drag affair. I just wanted to get it over with and hit the sack. One of the reason I might have felt like that could be because I had watched the original. So the expectation level was high. Then it starred some of my favourite comedians such as M. Lawrence and C. Rock. I now learned a valuable lesson, never rent movies out of impulse. Read the review before going for some unplanned ones.
The story is almost the same as the original. I didn't find anything novel in this. Then why did the director go for such a venture? Was it a charity act by these actors? Well lot of questions remain unanswered. Everyone of them put their reputation at stake and came out burned. ML and CR tried their best to bring out the humour but it just wouldn't connect as the original. LW has had a forgettable outing. He could have been avoided to same production cost.
My personal rating will be 2 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment