Finder

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Movie#53 Operation Endgame

A work which is no work at all, in my opinion. I think that the director lost the direction of plot after the first 10 minutes. This stars Joe Anderson, Rob Corddry, Ellen Barkin, Maggie Q, Adam Scott and Emelie De Ravin. Barring a couple of them, all the rest are very unknown to me.
The starting of the movie made an impression of a spy thriller. After the introduction of characters, I thought it was a spy comedy. The setting of the movie looked identical to the 'umbrella corporation' of Resident Evil. When the action broke out, it seemed like an action movie. Then the gruesome killings started, which made me think in lines of a horror interspersed with wry humour. Then at the end, it turned out to be a spy–  thriller–  mystery. All in all, I became an emotional bag of sh**. I hope that those of you, who cared to read my posts got what I wanted to convey.
An unassuming guy gets a call to join a very secret organization led by the Devil (no no, not the devil from hell–  worse than that–  a human). The organization is divided into two competing teams, the alpha and omega. Each team have agents almost with identical skills. One team is always causing disequilibrium in the world order (not the new world order of secret societies of the world) and the other team's agenda is to bring about equilibrium from chaos. The new agent, then finds himself in a battle to death between the teams, on the very day he decided to join. The devil, to prevent the leakage of secret to the outside world authorizes a location lockdown and self destruct timer–  Operation Endgame. The new agent has other ideas and orders. The story thus unfolds.
Too much filth and abusive language makes this a no-no for family. No clear cut plan of action makes this a 'no movie' at all. The rest in my case is a history, I had to watch and bear with the rubbish since I paid for it.
My personal rating is 1 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment