Finder

Friday 15 October 2010

Movie#55 Repo Men

Warning! Warning! To all bankers who may not have yet seen this one, the disclaimer of the work–  'resemblance maybe purely coincidental', may appear too close for comfort. The director is fictionally looking into the future of human life about how lenders would be when they start lending out critical survival organs and the borrowers were unable to pay back the EMIs.
Starring Jude Law, Forest Whitaker and Alice Braga, this sci-fi action movie has very little action except for the last bit fight sequence. What really caught my attention is the song towards the last, when Jude uses the scanner to read the artificial organs in Alice. Also the very very unexpected twisted ending. I let out a howl when I saw it. Instead of creating the intrigue and up the rating level of the movie, I find it would do the reverse. It is both a clever as well as stupid ending. Gosh! I wish I wouldn't survive the day it gets invented.
The movie is all predictable except at the ending, as I have mentioned earlier. Any movie veteran can guess where initial twist had happened. But the reason for such an act, given by the person who committed the act, that's so weird. No real motive at all! Forest Whitaker appears a real psycho by his mannerisms and talking.
Anyway watch only if you really wanna watch it. It won't get a must watch suggestion from me. And moreover, don't watch it while having food or when feeling queasy in the stomach. My personal rating is 2.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment