Finder

Thursday 21 October 2010

Movie#59 Dolan's Cadillac

I like the acting of Christian Slater. In this one, I guess, he had either decided to do some charity work to help upcoming actors and movie makers or he took a pay cut because he needed some quick cash. How else can I hide my disappointment on this movie starring one of my favourite actors.
The story is simple. It almost resembles the usual Hindi movies. Villain does some bad act- hero's girl friend witnesses it and agrees to stand up to villain and testify, caring less to the intimidations she receives–  hero is worried but admires girl's courage and decide to stand with her–  girl is pregnant and hero is happy and wish for happy days ahead–  villains wins at eliminating the threat to his survival–  hero is heartbroken–  revenge. The only twist or difference in the tale is that the police played for the side of good guys!!!!
Ok now, what all in the movie that didn't feel digestible
1. The girl is question does something very very stupid on an impulse, I hope. I can't digest the fact that someone who could be hunted by ruthless criminal and specifically told by the police to lie low, could do that.
2. Villains body guard tried his best to look cold blooded but he just did not fit the role.
3. The hero is a total joker. Even at the end, when he was doing what he was meant to do, the dialogues does not bring forth the pain within him and the gruesomeness of the act.
4. The final acts of the hero does not correlate with his physical capacity.
Even though, there are only four points, since the movie theme is simple, these four points appear to kill the entire movie. I can't blame the director, the actors especially Christian Slater, the setting or the story but I can squarely put all blame on the casting director for choosing the wrong persons for crucial roles.
My personal rating is 2 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment