Finder

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Movie#58 Cherrybomb

What do you when you have government money to splurge on your creative idea, a actor who has shot into fame through a hit movies series, a pretty girl with curves, a neighbourhood full of wasting away anti–  socials and has had experimented with drugs in your younger days? YOU MAKE THE MOVIE CHERRYBOMB!!!!!
It stars Rupert Grint and Kimberley Nixon, and a host of other actors not worthy of mentioning. I clearly don't understand what made the director make such a movie. There is no story period!
Two good friends, one is a clear junkie and the other at the crossroads to decide whether he should follow the 'good' career way or waste life away with friend, meet a girl. The movie is all a flash back of what transpired the previous three days, that led to their current state. I think a movie maker should have some idea to communicate to the viewers but if this one has anything like that, the God save northern Ireland, as it would drive every youngster to drugs, especially acid.
Let me be very frank. The only worthy point to watch is a love making scene between the girl and one of the guys. If that too was missing, I wasted my rental money….lol. When I saw the catchy cation claiming that with this performance Rupert Grint had filled the replacement role of Ewan Mcgregor, I thought it would be a worthy watch. But turned out to be a style statement with drugs, like the haute couture in fashion industry–  all pomp and no substance…
My personal rating is 1 out of 5. I wanted to give .5 but the extra .5 is specially for the curvy Kimberley Nixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment