Finder

Friday 22 October 2010

Movie#60 Kick Ass

I must say this at the onset–  A Good Watch for a Perfect Weekend. I must go a little more further and comment as 'must watch' instead. This movie is very refreshing with the right amount of comedy, action, tragedy, special effects, romance, music etc etc.
It stars Aaron Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Nicolas Cage, Lyndsy Fonseca and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. Barring Nicolas Cage, all others are strangers to me but I really felt connected to each one of them. The gist of the movie is as follows–  a boy with no special things to speak of and his two friends–  he craves for some action in life and certainly romance with pretty girl in class–  all three are into comic book heroes–  boy decides to dress up as super hero–  helps a guy from street thugs–  instant fame through online video sharing, youtube, courtesy apathetic onlookers–  meets father_daughter super hero pair fighting local gangster–  tragedy strikes–  new found friend and himself takes down the gangster. I must say that Chloe, who is Hit Girl, does put in a worthy work. She is both cute and talented. Aaron Johnson, as Kick Ass, can be related to by most among us. Christopher does his part too as Red Mist, especially the jiggy inside the car with Aaron Johnson. Nicolas Cage does not need special introduction. He rocked as Big Daddy.
I wish I could say that this is a family movie. It is , if you can get a rated DVD or CD. The one which I watched was an unrated one and I had to strip tease scenes. No nakedness but too close for comfort for children under 13.
My personal rating is 3.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment