Finder

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Movie#24 From Paris With Love

Another day, another movie. Since I started this blog, I'm watching movies at the rate of one per day or better. Anyone who reads my short blogs might be wondering how I get all these. Well, I rent some of them myself, borrow from friends and I own some of them. So that's it. It all need cash, I agree. I'm living a singleton boring life in the UAE and movie is all that I have to pass time. So I made a budget and there is a good allocation of my salary to keep myself engaged.
Back to the movie-
A decent action thriller starring John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I think the casting person got it wrong to put Mr Travolta in such a role. His character is that of a ruthless government eliminator of terrorists. He was ok in Sword Fish role but not this one. It is like casting Ice Cube in XXX instead of Vin Diesel. Mr Travolta is sluggish and that is obvious in all the action sequences. The storyline has nothing new to the audience and to a movie buff, the movie would seem pretty obvious. Jonathan Rhys plays the role of an aide to the US ambassador in Paris. He is also helping out the intelligence agency in logistics and being their insider when the ambassador travels through the inner circle of French govt. He is a novice and that shows in a comic part when he tries to bug an office. His dream come true in an unexpected way when he asked to assist special operative Mr Travolta in eliminating the terrorists. The movie is about how they efficiently go about their job. The car chase sequence is the only attractive stuff worth mentioning here. I'm just mentioning about the novelty stuff, ok. The movie as a whole is decent.
Mt personal rating is 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment