Finder

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Movie#25 The Disappearance of Alice Creed

A limited release movie starring Gemma Arterton. I have seen Gemma from The Clash of the Titans but was skeptical about the movie as a whole because it was a limited release.
The story is that two persons kidnap Alice (GA) and demand money from her father. How the kidnap saga unfolds has been beautifully portrayed in the movie. We are familiar with the other side of the kidnap stories such as how the relatives of the victim suffer the ordeal or how the police crack the case successfully/ unsuccessfully. But this one shows the mental agony and torture the kidnappers go through while sealing the deal. The story has lots of twists and turns and personally I started to feel bored towards the end. Somehow the movie manages to finish just before the the full concentration wore out. I don't think the producers had to shell out a lot of money for this movie, except for the supermarket machinery and a van, but they managed to make a nice thriller with limited budget.
Gemma does have a nice figure and she shows it in this one. What is catchy is that she is neither chubby nor thin. I shall say that she is healthy looking. The acting has nothing negative to comment about from all the main actors (3 in number only). What is impressive is that the tension rose slowly when the story unfolded and managed to sustain except towards the end, maybe because I suffered from 'tension fatigue'. Anyway, I'm happy I chose to watch this.
My personal rating is 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment