Finder

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Movie#26 Raat Gayi Baat Gayi (Hindi)

As I had mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of emotional masalas. I do extensive check about various reviews available before I commit my hard earned money to worthless stories. This one has fairly good reviews and it does not have the so called superstars who care less whether their movies are worthy or not. These are the kind we, in India, usually calls as multiplex releases. A fair script and limited budget, the main aim of the producer is to release it in multiplexes where the ticket costs are high and garner maximum revenue within 10 days to make profit. Then they sell it to DTH providers for a little more profit and thats it.

The usual 'multiplex release' category actors star in it, such as Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak and Neha Dhupia. Before I continue there is a warning–  The title song is worthless.

The gist of the story is that of alcohol blackout. The actor sees his wife in a dark mood from morning. The only thing he can remember is that he was flirting with a strange girl the night before party and was drunk to remember if they had done anything and whether he was caught in the act. So he sets out to find out the answer with his friend. When the story unfolded, it reminded me of Hangover, but it is not that story. There is a little bit of drag towards the end but I liked the movie. Lot of surprises are revealed comically when the movie nears completion.

My personal rating will be 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment