Finder

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Movie#36 Prince of Persia- The Sands of Time

Got lucky. When I went to the video store, I was prepared to watch anything but this. Haven't had a clue that this DVD was among the returned ones. Didn't think twice about renting this.
The genre falls in the 'Clash of the Titans' category. An adventure movie based on the video game I used to play when I was young. Special effects are spectacular in its own right. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (JG), Gemma Arterton (GA) and Ben Kingsley (BK), this movie is a visual treat. I have no postings as a gist of this movie because this has been made from a very famous video game.
I find that JK had been an odd choice for such an action adventure. Used to seeing him in low action thrillers such as 'The Zodiac' but not in this genre. Anyway he pulled it off very well. GA as usual, attracts more for her physicality than her acting. Compared to 'The Disappearance of Alice Creed', her acting skill wasn't fully exploited here. But satisfactory nevertheless. BK cannot be compared to anyone. He is in a class of his own.
The movie is pretty long but it manages to keep up the interest till the very end. As I wrote earlier, the special effects action sequences are at par with the current releases but there is nothing much to keep anything in memory for a few days. It is almost like tissue paper, Use and Throw.
My personal rating is 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment