Finder

Saturday 18 September 2010

Movie#33 The Lovely Bones

In short, a movie that build one's hope for a classic ending but fizzles out. Starring Rachael Weisz, Suasan Sarandon, Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci and Saorirse Ranan, the movie promises a lot. One of the persons involved in the making of this is Steven Spielberg too.
I haven't got a clue what the story was meant to convey. It started with the narration, with flash backs, of a murdered girl who was now stuck in the middle world. Then I think the director lost track on how to end the movie. Towards the ending it became painfully dragging and I hoped it would be compensated by a superb ending but I was wrong. All it made me think is that what was the point in making a movie with such an ending. Don't get me wrong, this one has lots of special effects. Lovely vivid colours and catching back ground music. The narration has an echo effect which I liked.
The acting skill of Rachael Weisz was totally wasted in this. Susan Sarandon had the part to play of a superb grandmother. Staney Tucci was superb for the role of the anti-social and Mark Wahlberg did the role of a grieving father very well.
In my opinion, this one can be watched with an open mind. May be I was biased to a predictable ending but I feel totally unsatisfied when the end came. My personal rating will be 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment