Finder

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Movie#16 Winter (Malayalam- India)

Here I am writing my experience on watching a malayalam movie. Malayalam is my mother tongue and I rate such movies higher that Hindi movies as they are more in touch with reality and have themes which a common man can relate to. Since starting this blog, this is my 1st  malayalam movie. For anyone who cares to read my short movie blogs, the review of malayalam movies would not give much info as I don't expect keralites showing any interest in my blogs.
This one stars Jayaram, whose movies I watch with caution as I'm fed up of his constant imitation of late Mr Prem Naseer's mannerisms. I find that there is no novelty in Jayaram's acting. Rarely does he come up with a worthy watch. The movie also has Bhavana who portrays Jayaram's wife. The movie is a thriller/horror category one. Barring a few gross mistakes (Jayaram, a super–  speciality surgeon, doing an emergency operation with his face mask hanging by the neck and etc), the movie is worth watchable. It also has some propaganda message for viewers as it glorifies vaastu shastra. Agreed that the fad was catching up with the Kerala community but obvious glorifying it in movie was a drag attempt.
The theme deals with a psychopath killing children and after his death, the killing continues, which invokes the fear that his ghost was still at large. The investigation follows with storyline peppered with sounds to jolt the viewers. Then as every horror/ thriller, the ending gives way for a possible sequel (don't know why every horror movie need to end this way–  why can't it be just 'The End').
My personal rating will be 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment