Finder

Saturday 25 September 2010

Movie#39 Naan Mahan Alla (Tamil- India)

My 1st  tamil movie review post here and my 1st  tamil movie after a very long time. Thought I shall include tamil review too because my option for posting more would increase.
Frankly, I don't know who all acts in this because of the tamil aversion to english. The credit at the end is in tamil and I have no clue. I see that all the actors were new because these were not the regulars when I used to watch tamil years back.
A small fact about tamil movie to readers who have never watched it before. The basic fact one should know is that everything would be in excess, for example the hero would be the most romantic and best fighter in the world, the heroine would be the epitome of pureness, simplicity and innocence, the villain would be the most cruelest person alive on earth, the friendship would be 'unto death' type etc etc. Do you get the picture? I hope so…But if you want to watch pure fantasy with out of the world experience in all types of emotions, tamil is way better than hindi. The camera work, the special effects, the stunt scene, the song beats etc are all at par with world standard. And this movie is no different.
The 1st  half is a drag for people who look for core story. It is all 'mushy mushy' love and time is wasted painting up the picture of the hero. Watching it I began to think whether Indian girls were so superficial. Here the hero is painted as a carefree guy who lives life as there was no tomorrow and the girl falls for him! Maybe I didn't get the picture about what women want…lol
The story telling turns in the 2nd  half. From 'mushy mushy' love and warm family life, it turns to vengeance. Hero loses family member and he tracks down the killers, and extract revenge. Watch out for the last fight sequence. Really fantastic camera work and stunt co-ordination. Personally, the last sequence churned me up for a fight too. As usual, the female lead has no role at all in the movie. She don't play anything constructive at all except being an eye candy in posters. Felt so sorry for her.
My personal rating is 2.5 out of 5…

No comments:

Post a Comment